Now I am almost at the 4-month mark and I have to say that there have been some changes.
My skin has started to clear up dramatically. I haven’t had any ‘active’ acne for a week now. Everything that is left is scars and hyperpigmentation.
But let’s talk about scars…this last bad breakout has left me with A LOT of scars. What looks like ‘acne’ is actually red scars 😦
But that does not worry me. I am actually very excited about the changes. This morning I woke up and had to double check my skin. I thought I had forgotten foundation or something because it looked so light and much more even. I had not realized how much my acne was making my skin red in general.
Check previous posts for all side effects/changes.
- Fatigue: About the same.
- Muscle/Joint Soreness: No joint soreness now, but muscles get more sore with regular activities and I think I get more back tightness.
- Dryness: A bit more dry than last time. Creams, sunscreens, oils, foundations, layers, and layers disappear within 30 min.
CHANGES IN SKINCARE:
Skincare has changed a bit, not drastically though. Let’s review it.
My AM routine:
- Oil/Balm cleanser: I pretty much can no longer use any gel cleansers, unless I want a painful skin throughout the day. Currently, I am loving Bobbi brown oil cleanser, Erno Laszlo Phelityl (Fair warning: This contains mineral oil. If you are sensitive to it then don’t buy it. I have no problems with mineral oil) and Kat Burki Nourishing balm cleanser.
- Masque: Dermalogica age smart masque. Relieves tightness and redness.
- Spritz with dermalogica antioxidant hydramist and follow with an essence. Tom Ford has been my favorite so far.
- I apply my Bioeffect EGF.
- I mist again with Caudalie
- I apply In Fiore Solution Botanique Comfrey oil. This is expensive but has been a lifesaver. Has calmed down my irritation, my breakouts and redness close to nothing else.
- I mist again
- I apply either: Biologique Recherche Creme masque vernix (unbelievable cream for scarring and tightness), Drunk elephant protini (amazing for firming the skin) or In Fiore Fleur Vibrante face balm if my skin is just so so dry.
- I mist again with caudalie.
Of course, I always apply my eye cream and a sunscreen.
- Oil/Balm pre-cleanse
- Acid tone lightly with Alpha H liquid gold every 3rd night
- Mist with Caudalie.
- Every 3-4th night I apply my tretinoin cream.
- In Fiore Solution Botanique Comfrey
- In Fiore Fleur Vibrante balm or Revive Masque de Volume
- Mist with caudalie
Picture time! Left is from the last update on day 93 and right is today.
If you pay attention, you can see how inflamed and dry my lips are 😛
As always, thank you very much for stopping by. I am excited to see how my skin changes in the next few weeks. Once I am done with Accutane (which likely will still take 3-4 months to be fair), I shall take you on my journey of scar removal 🙂